The Clerk-Treasurer's Office is responsible for:
- Advertising bids and other legal notices, budgets, ordinances, financial reports, etc.
- Preparing budgets, transfers of funds, bank reconciliations, federal and state audits, and payment of claim vouchers
- Daily deposits of revenue received from city departments.
- Recording with the county all tax abatements, public rights of way, alley openings and closings, deeds and abstracts for municipal property
- Maintaining payroll, taxes, and other withholdings; service records; wage and salary ordinances; life, health, and specialty insurances; payroll deduction plans; PERF or Police and Fire pension plans; and workers' compensation
- Financial management of grants awarded to the city through various city departments
- Maintains contracts authorized by the Board of Public Works & Safety
In Indiana, the Clerk-Treasurer is elected for a four-year term of office. Specific duties are defined by the Indiana Code, Municipal Code of Ordinances, and directives of the municipal governing body. The Clerk-Treasurer is the chief financial officer for the municipal government.
No other elected municipal duties are as specifically defined by law as the duties of the Clerk-Treasurer. The Clerk-Treasurer is responsible for the overall collection and disbursement of funds, the administration of the accounting system, the signing of checks, the preparation of periodic reports to council, and serves as the investment coordinator for the municipal treasury.
Current Clerk-Treasurer - Lynne Christiansen
Lynne Christiansen, a life-long resident of Warsaw, began serving as the city’s Clerk-Treasurer in March 2010.
Lynne started her employment with the city in 1980 as the parking control officer, a position she held through 1985. She rejoined the city in 1989 as Records Clerk for the Police Department, where she was responsible for the proper maintenance of the department’s records and implementing new methods as Indiana statutes and technology changed.
In 2008, Lynne received her Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Leadership from Goshen College, graduating magna cum laude. Lynne is a member of the Indiana League of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers (ILMCT) and the International Institute of Municipal Clerks (IIMC).
“Working in the spirit of being a servant leader” is Lynne Christiansen’s philosophy as she continues her service with the City. As Clerk-Treasurer, she is responsible for the fiscal management of the city’s budget and takes great pride in being given the honor and the responsibility of that trust. Lynne places extreme importance on cooperation between citizens, employees, and elected officials to make this thriving city a magnificent place to live, work, and play.
"My staff and I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve the citizens and employees of the City of Warsaw honestly, ethically, and with integrity." -Lynne Christiansen, Clerk-Treasurer
Clerk-Treasurer's OfficePhysical Address
102 S. Buffalo Street
Warsaw, IN 46580
102 S. Buffalo Street Warsaw IN 46580
Phone: (574) 372-9545Fax: (574) 372-9504
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Línea en español de Warsaw, IN
Contáctenos para hacer trámites con la cuidad o para preguntar acerca de cualquier servicio del cual no está seguro(a) cómo acceder.