City of Warsaw Open Burning Restrictions
Open burning of any material is not permitted within the corporate city limits, except as permitted below. If a burn ban is implemented at any time by the Kosciusko County Commissioners, those ban requirements will supersede the following information.
Types of Burning Allowed:
- Recreational/Celebratory and Cooking Fires (i.e. campfires, scouting activities, pep rallies)
- Farm Burning
- Burning of fence rows and fields
- Burning of natural growth from clearing a drainage ditch
- Burning of limbs and prunings, but only if diseased or infected, so as to present a contamination problem
- Only wood products may be burned.
- Fires must be attended at all times until completely extinguished.
- If a fire creates a nuisance or fire hazard, it must be extinguished.
- All farm burning should occur during daylight hours.
- No burning may be conducted during unfavorable weather conditions, such as high winds or air stagnation