Click to Home
Go To Search
HomePrintEmailRSS
FacebookTwitter
ealertsOff.jpg
The Gardens of Central Park

Warsaw’s Central Park, near the southern shore of Center Lake, was completed in 1995.  Local residents Robert and Roma Maish loved flowers and flower gardens, and they had a vision …. to build a perennial garden that everyone could enjoy. 

So through the Kosciusko County Community Foundation, the Maishes established an endowment to plan, develop, and perpetually maintain a one-third acre flower garden on the northeast corner of Central Park alongside N. Detroit Street.  This floral display was named “The Gardens of Central Park.”

Each plant was planned and designed for each bed.  The “beauty” of a perennial garden is that at any particular time of the growing season, one type of a perennial is in bloom while another one is at the end of its season.  There is always something new to see, and it has been referred to as “a treasure of living beauty.” 

Rae Hilliard, an advanced master gardener and member of the local Town and Country Garden Club, was asked to be on the committee to oversee the garden’s development.  She was later asked to help take care of and oversee The Gardens, a place which she cared for so much and could often be seen working there seven days a week for more than ten years.

Robert Maish was the third generation for continuous family ownership of Little Crow Foods, which was founded in Warsaw in 1903.  The Maishes were recognized by the City at a reception in June 1998 held at The Gardens.of Central Park.
Rae Hilliard and Bob Maish 


City Hall  |  102 S. Buffalo Street  |  Warsaw, IN 46580
Privacy Policy  |  Terms & Conditions  |  Accessibility  |  Copyright Notice  |  Using Renewable Energy  |  Powered by CivicPlus