The Warsaw Volunteer Fire Department is always seeking men and women who are interested in serving as volunteers within their community.
The Warsaw-Wayne Fire Territory is a combination department made of both dedicated volunteers and career firefighters. The Warsaw volunteer firefighters help to support the actions of the career staff in fire suppression and rescue efforts within Warsaw and Wayne Township.
The rewards of being a volunteer firefighter are extensive and you will become a valuable resource to your community by helping to save and preserve life and property within your community. All necessary training will be provided to you at no charge.
Volunteer minimum requirements:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Valid Indiana driver's license
3. 18 years of age or older
4. Applicants must submit to a background and criminal history check
5. Members must submit to a basic physical and medical evaluation
6. Mandatory initial drug testing/random drug testing
7. Applicant must have residency within the boundaries of: 500N, 500E, 500S and 500W. This applies to applicants or new hires from the date forward.
To learn all of the requirements, view the outline
. To apply, Download the application
Contact Shirley Fetrow
, Warsaw-Wayne Fire Territory, at (574) 372-9502 or stop in the office at Station #2, 2204 E. Center St. for additional information.